During the first decade of the 20th century, Mr. Henry Cues (1904–1906), the first deputy commissioner (D.C.) of Lyallpur (now Faisalabad), established a social club where the British officers serving in “Sandal Bar” could gather at their leisure. In December 1909, Captain Dugglis was appointed as new D.C. of Lyallpur.
The club is the focal point of the western culture in the absence of which westerners feel as fish without water. However a day dawned for this historic event.
The club was built for off-duty British officers and the cost of construction was paid for by the officers themselves. 36 club hungry persons sat together to collect individual funds to plant a club. The individual maximum contributing figure was Rs.500 the minimum contribution was Rs.10 Thus a meager amount of Rs.2591 was collected.